Get ready to get on board our privater charter train that will take you from Moscow to the largest city in the world north of the Arctic Circle. In addition to chasing Northern Lights, accompanied by local experts, you will have the opportunity of a short sledge tour with reindeers, to know the culture of the Sami people and to discover two of the most historical Russian cities. All this traveling in the safest and most reliable way to travel in winter in these latitudes.
The Northern Lights Explorer offers a choice of 2 accomodation categories: Gold, with private toilet and shower ensuite, or Standard Plus, with shared facilities.
The train also has restaurant cars, a lounge, with live piano music every night, a bar, and a lecture area where your tour escorts hold lectures about the daily life, history and geography of the regions visited. On some evenings we show films about Russia. Also, your tour escorts offer a language course introducing the Russian language to you.
Traveling by train is the most comfortable, reliable and safe way to explore the northern part of Russia during the winter months. Normally the flights can suffer delays or cancel depending on the bad weather, however the train is not affected by this problems.
CABINS AND CATEGORIES
As we have already mentioned, there are two types of cabins:
- Gold Cabins: 1 or 2 people per cabin, shower and ensuite private bathroom.
- Standard Plus Cabins: 1 or 2 people per cabin.
Gold sleeping cars offer the most comfortable and spacious type of accommodation on our private train. They have a private toilet, wash basin and a spacious shower cabin ensuite. In each cabin there is one lower and one upper bed, a table by the window, a chair opposite the beds, a small wardrobe and storage space. In each cabin there are 2Euro-Sockets for 220 V. The cars are equipped with individually controlled air condition, that only operates when the train is moving.
Gold sleeping cars have only 5 cabins each that may be booked for double or single use.
The dimensions of the Gold cabin are:
Cabin 2.00 x 3.50 m = 7,0 sqm.
Lower bed 120 x 185 cm
Upper bed 80 x 185 cm
Standard Plus Cabins
Standard Plus is the most popular type of accommodation on our private train. They are equipped with 2 lower beds and 2 upper beds. But only the lower beds are used for sleeping, so the two upper beds can be used as additional storage space or can simply be folded away. Toilets and wash basins for common use are located on both ends of each Standard Plus sleeping car. The sleeping cars are equipped with air condition with central control, which only opperates when the train is moving. In each cabin there are Euro-Sockets for 220 V.
Each Standard Plus sleeping car has 9 cabins that can be booked for double or single use.
The dimensions of the Standard Plus cabin are:
Cabin 2,00 x 2,00 m = 4,0 sqm
Beds 65 x 185 cm
Daily change of local specialities of Russia in specially selected local restaurants or in the restaurant on board the private train. We will also enjoy Russian Vodka & Pierogi Tastings, and a Russian Tea Ceremony.
To be made before the departure of the trip:
- Russian Visa: about € 58 *
* Issue price of visa. he costs of shipping, handling and processing must be added, based on anticipation or urgency of the issuance of each embassy (prices are approximate, each embassy has its own rates, you can estimate between 120 and 150 euros in total for each visa). We provide all necessary documentation and letters of invitation but it is the responsibility of each passenger to process their visas. This can be made directly at the consulates or by a visa processing enterprise.
- 3 night's accommodation on board the private "Northern Lights Express" in the chosen accomodation category
- 6 night's in a double room:
- 1 night in a 4 * / 5 * hotel in Moscow
- 1 night in a 3 * hotel in Kirovsk
- 2 night in a 4 * hotel in Murmansk
- 2 nights at 5 * hotel in St. Petersburg
- Full board 9 breakfasts, 8 lunchs and 9 dinners
- Specialties of local cuisine, Russian vodka tastings and Russian tea ceremony
- Shower facilities: Gold cabins have private toilets and showers, Standard cabins have shared bathrooms facilities.
- Transfer of arrival and departure from the airport to the hotel and vice-versa on the first and last day
- Sightseeing tours in Moscow, Kirovsk, Murmansk and St. Petersburg
- Lectures on board (introduction to Russian culture, history, language, today's life ...)
- Cultural events mentioned in the program
- Tour escorts: English and Spanish speaking tour guides throughout the tour
- English speaking tour director throughout the trip
- Special Travel Assistance Insurance
- Flights from origin to Moscow and return from St. Petersburg to the point of origin.
- Russian visa
- Tippings (approximately € 100 in total would be the recommended budget)